Here are pictures of the new iStill 100. It now has an upgraded 3 inch column, for a 25% boost in performance. And a bigger drain for easier discharge. The unit can now be equipped with indirect heaters and our famous Jet Propulsion Agitator System (J-PAS), giving it on the grain/pulp distillation capability:
Y’all know that iStill has been growing at a tremendous pace. The first half of 2020 alone saw a 65% increase in orders. This has lead to increased lead times. Here’s how we manage that situation.
Batch Production System
iStill deploys a unique batch production system. For more reading, please see:
Base Stock System
To combat increasing lead times, we now add a base stock system to our manufacturing operation. What this basically means, is that we no longer add slots to batches as orders come in, but that we fully max out each and every batch of iStills we build.
The result will be that we’ll slowly build a surplus. That surplus will be dedicated to what’s basically a base stock system.
In plain English? By filling each production batch of iStills to the brim, even with units that haven’t been ordered yet, we create surplus stock. That surplus stock, as it builds-up over time, is used for future orders. Orders that can now be fulfilled faster.
Over time, it is not your orders that will be the driving force behind the batches, but the base surplus stock. The moment we see the base stock dwindle, we know we have to organize our production into larger batch sizes.
Lead times and more
As a result of this new manufacturing approach, we are able to get our lead times back from 6 to 4 months. When? As we speak!
Over time, this new system will decrease lead times to 3 months. We expect to arrive at that timeline before the end of the year.
And by that time, the base stock allows us to do something else that’s very neat and might come in handy for some of you: we can deliver the more standard units at an ultra fast delivery times of under two weeks. Not as the norm, but as an exception, for those that really are in a hurry and are willing to pay a premium for ultra fast delivery.
Here are pictures of two iStills 500 and three iStills 2000 being crated, prior to transport. Just so you know what to expect, when they arrive at your location!
With our amazing technology, iStill helps craft distillers all around the world at making better quality spirits more efficiently. This week distillers from Canada, Croatia, Finland, the UK, and the USA saw their orders finished and their iStills 500 and 2000 being transported to our crating company …
Three iStills 2000 and two i500’s ready to be picked up …
With our growing line-up and experience with now well over 800 still purchases, we have decided to simplify our option strategy. We are moving away from long option lists via both incorporation and combination. Let’s dive in deeper …
Product line-up and option strategy
Our product line-up has grown in the sort of stills we now offer and in different sizes that are available. The famous iStill Hybrid column has been joined by the iStill Potstill and the iStill Plated Column.
Size-wise, we now have an iStill 100, 200, 500, 1000, 2000, and 5000. With the iStill 100 having had a complete redesign, while the iStill 200 and 1000 are completely new additions.
With a growing line-up and with growing experience in what customers actually order, it was time to redefine our option strategy. The goal? To make things simpler and more straight-forward.
As a first step towards changing our option strategy, we have put a lot of thought and analysis into what most customers want. Our thinking went like this: “Options that most of you want anyhow, shouldn’t be options but part of iStill’s standard equipment list!”
Following this line of thought, lead us move options to the standard equipment list. For example:
- The former optional square manhole on the bigger iStills (500 and upwards) now comes standard;
- The former optional pre-cooler on the bigger iStills (500 and upwards) now comes standard;
- The former optional WiFi-module on the NextGen units is now standard equipment;
- Central Distillery Management, formerly a 20k option, is now standard on ALL NextGen models;
- The online iStill Distilling University is now a standard “option” on all still purchases.
With many options now moved to iStill’s standard equipment list, the next thing we did was analyse what options were bought together to see if we could package those. The outcome is that we now have three simple and logical option packages:
- The “On the grain/pulp distillation” package, that includes the indirect heaters and the Jet Propulsion Agitator System;
- Mashing & Fermentation package, which adds the boiler radiator and mash and fermentation automation;
- Extractor, which, well, basically speaks for itself and is especially beneficial to liqueur and bitter and multi-shot gin production.
Check the new options out at:
The Residence Act Team and their iStill 2000 …
The Nomad Distilling Corporation from Pennsylvania chooses iStill. Frank and Sarah, your iStill 2000 Hybrid is ready for packaging and transport!
The all new Nomad Distilling iStill 2000 before crating …
Do you see our posts about shipping more and more batches of iStills around the world? And do you wonder if we really just put ‘m on pallets and ship ‘m off? Because we don’t all iStils that are put on transport are first being shipped to our professional crating partner. Indeed, for professional crating. Here is how that looks:
The iStill arrives at the crating company on a pallet …
Where the column is put in place and secured …
And then the walls are mounted …
Sealing the top is next …
And anti-rain roofing follows after that …
Et voila: another iStill ready for transport …
Innovation for the craft distiller
Distilling a great product is all about capturing the right flavors. Running a great distillery is all about obtaining that same high-quality result continuously.
StillControl helps you control your cuts and create high-quality spirits. StillControl helps you produce that same high-quality spirits consistently over and over again.
What you get
- StillControl Bluetooth Thermometer Probe
- StillControl App
Features & Benefits
In the StillControl app:
- You dial in your heads cut
- You dial in your hearts cut
- You dial in your tails cut
The StillControl Bluetooth Thermometer Probe:
- Measures the exact temperature in your riser or column
- Relays the temperature to the StillControl App on a per second basis
The StillControl App:
- Automatically adapts your cut-points for air pressure changes
- And tells you when to cut for heads, hearts, and tails
- With < 0.1 degree calibrated accuracy
Pricing (App & Probe, shipping included)
- Existing iStill Customers with manual iStills or iStills Mini: EUR 500,-
- Early bird introduction offer for existing iStill Customers: EUR 350,-
- Other distillers: EUR 5.000,- (iStill Mini and iStill Distilling University included)
- The StillControl app is included and comes free of charge
- Shipping is included
Improve your … StillControl!