Prior to the next 4-day workshop in the Netherlands, we are upgrading the iStill University. One of the things we felt needed improvement was sound quality. Industrial halls aren’t designed with acoustics in mind, resulting in lots of reverberations. By adding sound insulation pannels we intend to mend that …
Jason, Avian and Odin are currently in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, where iStill participates at the convention and trade show organized by the American Craft Spirits Association. Yesterday was the opening day. Four hours of cocktails, talks, networking, and more. Busy event, well, for us at least. Many people visiting our stand and being amazed at the amazing technology we have to offer! Here are a few pictures …
But by the looks of it, I think you’ll be just fine!
Peter Daenens is owner and master distiller of Gusto Spirits …
The iStill 100 NextGen has been a huge success. And since the iStill Team firmly believes that you should always change a winning team … here’s the new iStill 100 NextGen!
What’s the same
The boiler and the insulation stay the same. So does the cleaning in place system (CIP).
What has changed
The iStill 100 NextGen now has:
- New PLC and new programming, now the same as the i500, i2000, and i5000;
- Including an Extractor program;
- Internet connectivity;
- New robot, again the same as the i500, i2000, and i5000 already had;
- Automated Cuts Selector for Heads, Hearts, and Tails;
- A bigger, stronger, and longer heating element at 7.5 kW and 400 volts;
- An additional thermometer probe in the column;
- The improved iStill Collection Head with blind plate for robot assembly;
- A bigger column cooler that allows the unit to run at higher power settings;
- Oversized iStill 500 after cooler to bring produced spirits back to room temp.
The unit is now a perfect little copy of its bigger siblings!
Production and Orders
We have stopped producing the outgoing model. We are starting up production of the new units next week. Orders can be placed from now onwards. Please be aware that the online iStill Design Center still shows the old unit. We hope to amend that before the end of September.
The price of the iStill 100 NextGen is now EUR 15.000,-.
Building up the new iStill 100 NextGen in the iStill University …
Here are two pictures of one of our Canadian customers, taking unloading his iStill 5000 NextGen:
Lifting the i5000 boiler out of the truck …
The 5000 liter boiler prior to uncrating …