We are happy to inform you that, after 2 successful courses in October and November 2021 we start up our Master Distiller Courses again.
The First Certified Master Distillers Training of 2022 will take place from April 18th until April 21st, in Woerden, at iStill HQ. (We are located at around 30 minutes from Amsterdam Schiphol Airport). The second course is set between June 13-16th 2022.
The Certified Master Distillers Training is a practical training, where we train you how to make brandy, gin, rum, vodka, and whisky, as well as liqueurs. The focus is on “learning by doing”. You’ll spend as much time as possible behind the iStill Mini to make a variety of spirits, and to learn how to manage your still as well as how to make perfect cuts. Mashing and fermenting, and runs on the bigger iStills will also be part of the curriculum.
The Certified Master Distillers Training picks up where the iStill Certified Craft Distilling courses stop. The Craft Distillers course teaches you the theories around distilling, where the Master Distillers course focuses on hands-on training. The Certified Craft Distillers course is theoretical, the Certified Master Distillers Training is practical.
In order to participate at the Certified Master Distillers Training, you need to be a Certified Craft Distiller already. We need everybody to be on the same page, on the same theoretical knowledge-base, before we can dive in deeper via the Certified Master Distillers Course.
· Theory of distillation recap
· Smelling all alcohols
· Filling the iStill Mini with wine
· Fractionating the wine
· Making cuts to turn wine into brandy
· Watching brandy program on iStill 500
· Theory of fermentation recap
· Mashing 10 liters
· Fermenting 10 liters
· Organoleptic training overview
· Visiting the windmill
· Feedback from day 1
· Theory of extraction recap
· Extraction on the Mini
· Extraction on the i500
· Creating hard seltzers
· Sensory training: fruits and grapes
· Creating a program on the iStill
· Programming the iStill
· Cleaning the iStill Mini
· Distilling vodka on the Mini
· Distilling vodka using ABV-C
· Feedback from day 2
· Turning extracts into liqueurs
· Turning extracts into essences
· Finishing run: vapour speeds
· Sensory training: botanicals
· DIstilling gin on the iStill Mini
· Sensory training: faults
· Visiting Rummiclub Distillery
· Feedback from day 3
· Sensory training: wood
· Cleaning the iStill Mini
· Distilling rum frow low wines
· Aging spirit with heat and oxygen
· Aging spirit with ultrasound
· Using wood chips for aging
· Distilling fermentation on the iStill Mini
· Sensory training: aged spirits
· Measuring and diluting your spirit
· Evaluation of the spirits
· Food pairing theory
· Graduation dinner
Would you like to know what previous students think of the course? Please click here.
Participating at the Certified Master Distillers Training costs EUR 2.495,-. Two dinners and four lunches are included, as well as your certification.
Do you want to join? Please know that we have small groups with a maximum of 12 students per course. As of now we only have 3 places left for the course in April.
For registration, please email Veronika@iStillmail.com.
Pictures underneath? You bet!
Sebastiaan, your course leader …
Willem, scientist …
William, still assembly …
Students, learning the craft …
You guys, having fun & getting to know each other …