As the world hordes toilet paper and hand sanitizer, more and more iStill distilleries switch from spirits to hand sanitizer and detergent production. I guess making toilet paper with an iStill is a challenge, where producing hand sanitizer isn’t?
We sorta lost count of who is helping out to relieve shortages, help care institutions, hospitals, or simply the citizens of their city, but here are a few:
- Ireland: Listoke Distillery (in production);
- Northern Ireland: Boatyard Distillery (in production);
- Scotland: Verdant Distillery (in production);
- England: Exmoor Distillery (soon);
- Belgium: Sterk Stokers (in production), Acker & Go (soon);
- Cyprus: Crimdell Distillery (soon);
- USA: Jersey City Distillery among many others, Kyle Wray, Jeff Denise, Joe Canella, Michael Hart, and Ron Folino, Frank Kudlack and Lisa Desrocher;
- Australia: Brisbane Distillery, Earp Distillery (both in production);
- Virgin Islands: Mutiny Rum (in production);
- Netherlands: iStill HQ/”In Onschuld Initiative” (in production), The Stillery (soon).
And that’s just a few of ‘m!
If you want to make a hand sanitizer, please use the WHO recipe. You (as a distiller) can either use remaining feints (heads & tails) or GNS or even new make rum or whiskey as a starting point. Like this:
- Bring the base alcohol to 70% (via distillation or dilution);
- Add around 1% of glycerine;
- Mix well;
- Bottle and distribute.
iStill is already producing 1,000 liters of hand sanitizer per day …