New computer hardware and software
We are proud to announce that we have developed, together with our technology partners, the mother of all industrial computers. The processing speeds (x10) and upgraded memory banks (x100) and upgraded graphics (x1000) are all amazing steps forward from the already impressive (and class leading) current iStill PLC (Programmable Logic Controller = industrial computer). HAL 9000 move over!
Increased performance and functionality
iStill started working on the new PLC, and its associated software, over a year ago. The functionality has been tested extensively, over the last 9 months, both at iStill HQ and at a select group of customers. The results are great.
With the new hardware and software, the following capabilities and functions are added to the iStill (or will be added in the future):
- The iStill Robot is 100 (!) times faster;
- Bigger touch screen, for a more satisfying user experience: per direct;
- That is 16:9 instead of 4:3 and has Full HD Color capability: per direct;
- Support will be on demand and internet connectivity will be for free, instead of via a Software and Service Subscription: per direct;
- Integration with iStill’s new StillControl App: per 2021;
- Data-logging, to track and register your runs: per 2021;
- Integrated Central Distillery Management, where all new iStills can monitor and manage up to 7 fermenters and mashers (until now a separate 10-20K option): hardware per direct, software per mid 2020.
Roll-out and ordering process
Any unit, except the i100 that will follow later, for which the ordering process starts from tomorrow onwards, will automatically (no pun intended) be equipped with the new PLC, software, and touch screen. The improved graphics and Integrated Central Distillery Management hardware are included as well. Ordering process? Nothing spectacular, just reach out to Chris@iStillmail.com, discuss what you need, and – when you are ready to order – ask for a quotation. Business as usual …
Working on the new software (2019 pic) …
Are the NextGen stills going to be able to upgraded into this new robot/computer?