Here is an easy recipe for an amazing Christmas Liqueur. Developed by Evi, and now it’s here for you to try. A bit late? Yes, so rush to the shop and buy the ingredients. Shopping will take longer than actually making it. Here is a recipe for 1.2 liters of Evi’s Easy Egg Punch!
Evi is celebrating Xmas …
- 0.25 liter of vodka;
- 0.5 liter of whole milk;
- 0.25 liter heavy cream (the stuff you make whipped cream from, not yet whipped);
- 5 egg yolks;
- 250 gram sugar;
- vanilla pod;
- pinch of cinnamon.
But not after making enough of her favorite Xmas drink …
- Mix the milk with the heavy cream and 150 grams of sugar and add the vanilla pod;
- Bring it to a boil, then turn off the stove;
- Take out the vanilla pod;
- Now, mix the egg yolks with the remaining 100 grams of sugar (separately!);
- Add the milk/cream/sugar mix very, very slowly to the egg yolk/sugar mix;
- Like really slowly, and mix it in … really slowly as well;
- If you do it too quickly, the hot milk will boil the egg yolk, and we don’t want that;
- So add the milk mix drip by drip, hand-mixing with a fork; that’s the the way forward;
- Where the hot milk mix does not boil but does pasteurize the eggs;
- When all is mixed, let the concoction cool down a bit more, then add the vodka;
- And a pinch of cinnamon;
- Now bottle it;
- And put the bottles in the fridge;
- Leave it for 12 to 24 hours before consumption;
- A bit longer is better, but Xmas is around the corner!
This recipe will stay good, in the fridge for around two weeks easily. Never happened to us, because it is simply too good!
Now enjoy Evi’s Easy Xmas Liqueur …