With the new firmware, the iStill Fermenters can now be used as mashers as well as fermenters! You now get twice the functionality … and pay only once. Here’s an update on what the Masher/Fermenter offers, how you can use it, and how much it costs.
- Net mashing and fermenting capacity sizes of 500, 1.000, 1.500, 2.000 or 3.000 liters;
- Water jacket for cooling and heating;
- Automated temperature control for mashing and fermenting: from 10 to 75 degrees C;
- Computer Aided Mashing (CAM) and Computer Aided Fermenting (CAF);
- Automatic cooling via automated water intake to the water jacket (up to 10 degrees C);
- Automatic heating via heaters submerged in the water jacket (new: up to 75 degrees C);
- Automated distribution of water within jacket for the most effective and energy efficient coolling and heating water;
- Automated pressure control of water jacket for safety and efficient heat dispersion;
- Auto refill of water jacket;
- Three 2 inch drains for above the grain mash/wash take-off;
- One 2 inch drain at the bottom for non-grain take-off or grain discharge;
- Fully integrated to work with the iStill One and the iStill Pump;
- Wheels for easy transport;
- Bottom dweller stirrer design;
- Touch screen computer.
How to use it? In various ways:
- Step-down mashing;
- Molasses cleaning.
For step-down or single infusion mashing:
- Add hot water (from the iStill Water Cooker) and grains to the iStill Masher/Fermenter;
- Put the agitator on;
- Let the starch extract from the grain;
- Dial the iStill Masher/Fermenter in to cool to 60 – 62 degrees C;
- Add malt or enzymes for starch-to-sugar conversion, while the iStill Masher/Fermenter keeps the strike temperature stable until full conversion is achieved;
- Let the iStill Masher/Fermenter cool the mash to fermentation temperature.
- Add the yeast;
- Dial in the temperature at which you want the fermentation to take place;
- When the fermentation is done, transfer the wash into your still.
- Add molasses and boiling water (from the iStill Water Cooker) to the iStill Masher/Fermenter;
- Put the agitator on;
- Cool to fermentation temperatures;
- The hot water will make most of the nasties (ashes, fibres) settle at the bottom of the iStill Masher/Fermenter;
- Drain the cleared molasses and ferment them;
- Clean out the iStill Masher/Fermenter, in order to get rid of the ash and fibre material, so she’s ready for another run.
Pricing the iStill Masher/Fermenter:
- iStill Masher/Fermenter 500: € 6.995,-;
- iStill Masher/Fermenter 1000: € 8.995,-;
- iStill Masher/Fermenter 2000: € 12.995,-;
- iStill Masher/Fermenter 3000: € 14.995,-.
The iStill Masher/Fermenter 2000 …
The iStill Masher/Fermenter’s manhole …
Easy Discharge System …
20 bhp stirrer motor, top manhole, CO2 releases …