So far, we have been pretty conservative about the performance of the iStill 250. In the PDF “Odin on the iStill 250” we state:
- Collection rate 22% – 10% boiler charge: >9.5 litres per hour
- Collection rate 10% – 5% boiler charge: >5 litres per hour
- Collection rate 5% – 2% boiler charge: >2 litres per hour
Since we used the “more than” sign, we didn’t tell you any untruths. The iStill 250 produces over 9.5 liters on a 10 to 22% boiler charge. But how much more? Here’s the outcome of a test run we did on an iStill 250 with the iCatalyst and copper packing in place. With 250 liter of 18% low wines as boiler charge and in Pure Azeotropic attack mode:
- Collection rate at 16% remaining abv in the boiler: 13.8 liters per hour at 95%+
- Collection rate at 4 to 5% remaining abv in the boiler (nearing the end of the run): 7.2 liters per hour at 95%+
We will be uploading a movie next week.